1 in 10 children will be sexually abused before they turn 18. We never want to think that it can happen to our child, but ignorance only empowers the perpetrators.
The Strengthening Families program is designed to teach parents and caregivers:
• Choices and behaviors to reduce the likelihood of your child becoming a victim
• What child abuse is and its effects
• Age appropriate sexual behaviors of children
• Indicators of child sexual abuse
• Tips on how to prevent child sexual abuse
• Signs of potential perpetrators
• Ways to respond responsibly to a child’s disclosure
• Importance of reporting child abuse
This course is available for groups of 5 or more.