The Child Advocacy Center
The Body Safety Parent/Caregiver Program gives an overview of the Body Safety Program that is presented to children from early childhood through 4th grade. This program educates caregivers by walking them through a five-step process gaining knowledge about child sexual abuse.
- Identify signs and potential indicators of child sexual abuse.
- Learn how to appropriately respond to a child that discloses abuse.
- Gain knowledge of sexual abuse prevention tips.
Internet Safety Parent/Guardian Program:
The Internet Safety Parent/Caregiver Program educates adults on different ways they can keep children safe online.
Parents & Caregivers will:
- Be able to recognize the benefits and risks associated with being on the internet.
- Gain knowledge on popular games and social media apps.
- Gain knowledge of best practices to use the internet safety.
Since opening our doors in 2000, our staff and community partners have been the front-line responders to reports of child abuse. Our organization exists to protect children, heal families and prevent abuse.
The primary goal of The Child Advocacy Center of Northeast MO is to ensure that children disclosing abuse are not further victimized by the intervention systems designed to protect them. Services offered include forensic interviews, children and family advocacy, mental health therapy, and school and community-based prevention education programs.