Child & Family Advocacy
Someone with you every step of the way.
How well a child copes following the disclosure of abuse has a lot to do with the support of the family. Our Child & Family Advocate plays a key role in helping both child victims and their families in the aftermath of a crisis and/or trauma.
Advocacy services are designed to help reduce trauma for the child and involved caregiver and to be on-going support for the child and family. Children and families participate in follow-up services which may include referrals for community support, assistance with navigating the criminal justice system, and crisis intervention services.
Assistance may include:
- Crisis assessment and intervention
- Safety planning and risk assessment
- Assessment of individual and family needs
- Therapy and/or medical referrals, if necessary
- Education on access to victim’s rights and Crime Victim Compensation
- Presence during the Forensic Interview preliminary and post-meeting
- Provision of court education, tours, support, and accompaniment throughout the court process