The Child Advocacy Center
BECOME AN ADVISORY COUNCIL MEMBER:
HELP US FIGHT CHILD ABUSE!
The Child Advocacy Center’s Advisory Council is a group of dynamic community leaders formed in 2020 to serve as critical community champions of The Child Advocacy Center of Northeast Missouri. Members share their gifts in service to the agency’s mission by providing the organization with professional expertise; their diverse knowledge of our community; their connections to local, state and national resources, colleagues or peers; their philanthropic support or other needed assistance. The Advisory Council has no governing function within the organization and does not work directly with the children served.
To expand the knowledge of The Child Advocacy Center of Northeast Missouri’s mission and help our community understand The Child Advocacy Center as the go-to resource and support for children and families who have experienced abuse.
LENGTH OF TERM:
An Advisory Council member may serve up to two consecutive three-year terms.
- Network with other community leaders who share a passion for outreach
- Support The Child Advocacy Center’s mission to end child abuse
- Become educated about what services are available to your community
- Attend fun social and educational events
- Provide leadership by serving on Executive Team
- Serve as an ambassador in the community.
- Formulate and actively support the mission, objectives, policies and programs of the Center.
- Attend and participate in quarterly meetings held in January, April, July and October – with other meetings as needed.
- Advisory Council members may, and are encouraged to, attend Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Advisory Council members may participate in Board of Directors’ discussions, but do not have a vote in decisions made by the Board.
- Promote the Center by developing awareness and implementing outreach in the communities served by the Center. Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by the Center’s mission, objectives and programs.
- Use personal and professional resources, relationships and knowledge for the advancement of the mission of the Center.
- Review and sign Conflict of Interest and confidentiality policies annually.
- Submit annually, and at such member’s sole expense, to both a criminal and CA/N (child abuse/neglect) background check.
- Engage people who are interested in learning more about The Child Advocacy Center with a private or public tour of the facility.
- Members are encouraged to promote, fundraise and attend a minimum of two Child Advocacy Center functions throughout the year, including the annual One with Courage gala on the last Saturday in April.
- Allow The Child Advocacy Center of Northeast Missouri to publicize their name and participation on the council.
For more information, please contact us!
2022 Meeting Dates
Jan. 10. 5:30p
April 18. 5:30p
July 18. 5:30p
Oct. 17. 5:30p
Jan. 11. 4p
April 19. 4p
July 19. 4p
Oct. 18. 4p
Advisory Council Members
Areas we serve
The Child Advocacy Center of Northeast Missouri has expanded its service area to include the fourteen (14) counties of St. Charles, Lincoln, Warren, Montgomery, Pike, Ralls, Marion, Monroe, Shelby, Lewis, Clark, Knox, Scotland, and Schuyler. The main office is located in Wentzville, MO with another office located in Hannibal, MO, and a satellite office in Memphis, MO.